To order copy certificate(s) for a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership, you will need to provide:
- Your details (name, address, phone number, email address)
- The detail of the person on the certificate (including where and when the event took place).
- Your credit or debit card details.
The total price of the order is made up of:
- The price of the certificate(s)
- The search service fee (Standard search service is free)
- The delivery charge (collection from the Town Hall is free)
Please click here for pricing information
Please check these guidelines before your place your order:
- Please do not provide reference numbers from General Registers Office indexes or from Ancestry.co.uk, findmypast.com or similar websites, because they do not relate to any of the Hackney registers. You must provide the details of the person on the certificate.
- If you order a certificate for a marriage that took place before 1991, you must state the marriage venue.
- For Civil Partnerships certificates you must provide the couple's address at the time of the event. Otherwise the copy certificate(s) will exclude this information.
- If you are unsure whether the birth, death, marriage, or civil partnership took place in Hackney, Shoreditch or Stoke Newington please call us on 020 8356 3000. We are not always able to issue refunds.
- Newborn babies must be registered in person at the Register Office before copy certificates can be ordered online.
- Please order copies of adoption certificates directly from the General Registers Office on 0300 123 1837.
Click the button below to place your order.
Please do not click the back button on your browser window during the ordering process, unless you want to start your order again.